We suggest yearly maintenance on your snowmelter.
A typical scope of work will include:
- Inspect the burner refractories, downcomer, and burner weir
- Inspect the melting tank, fuel tank, fuel pump and lines
- Inspect the hydraulic tank, pump and lines
- Clean the carbon from inside the burners
- Replace the burner nozzles and electrodes
- Replace the fuel or gas filters
- Replace the PLC batteries and verify program operation
- Test and verify functionality of cellular modem and web application
- Inspect and make minor adjustments to the control panelâ€™s wiring
- Inspect all electrical connections to sensors and controls
- Tune up of the Snow Melter burner(s)
- Setup the Melter to factory specifications
- Run the Melter checking all safety controls for proper operation
- Report any current problems or issues with the Melter
- On Gas units, check and test all safety controls, leak test the gas train, the lubricate and change oil in the gas compressor where required
Commercial Boilers, Inc. also provides complete training for your snowmelter. We can provide classes from 1 to 100 in a neutral location or at the customerâ€™s facility.
Our custom training program consists of:
First level training – On site class to provide safety training to operators, loader operators, mechanics and fuel delivery personnel. This includes proper startup of equipment, safe movement and operations around the equipment during a melting operation, proper loading techniques, how to shut the equipment down safely, and procedures to secure the melter after operations to prevent accidents.
Advance level training – On site class to provide technician safety training, training on how to perform yearly maintenance and inspections, starting the equipment, tuning the equipment for optimal efficiency, troubleshooting all of the equipment. Classroom review with a presentation on how to read electrical schematics, how to navigate the ownerâ€™s manual, and more troubleshooting procedures.
Web training – training on how to navigate the web based application and use it to manage snowmelting activities.
Thank you for visiting Commercial Boilers, Inc. Call us at 781-294-4437 or contact us via this website to discuss all of your snowmelting needs.